Friday, April 29, 2016

Flashback Friday

Hello Again,

I wanted to share a Flashback of a project I did a little while ago. I have mentioned my unknown fascination with using butterflies in my work but this one was done a little differently.

This was a wooden 4x6 frame that I picked up at the local thrift store for $1. I thought I would try and see what would happen if I didn`t use a canvas and just the glass with paper and Gel Medium. I let it dry and it gave this beautiful texture and weathered look. I adhered some different embellishments including paper flowers, fabric flowers, twine, buttons and metal embellishments from my stash. I painted everything with Liquitex White Acrylic Paint. After that dried I used some Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Stream, Sunshine Yellow, and Magenta. I love the effect the inks give and how they make it look like watercolour. I decided I would do something a little different and recycle a piece of packaging from the alcohol inks. I used Stazon Black Ink and my Martha Stewart Butterfly Rubber Stamp and stamped on the plastic packaging. As soon as it dried I used my small, sharp scissors and cut it out. I bent the wings at the body and adhered it too the center of the frame.





 I love how happy and colourful it looks. I am definitely going to use these colours again soon together on a project.  Hope you enjoy it! Feel free to leave any questions or comments below. Have a great day!

-CreativelyMixed

No comments:

Post a Comment