Thursday, April 28, 2016

Chirp

Good Morning!

I am going to share a small piece I did for a expecting mom friend of mine. She is due in 2 weeks and I can not wait to meet her little bundle of joy. She is so happy to be having a spring baby and it is the perfect excuse to make baby sized and themed things. YAY!

With the beautiful fresh spring air here I opened all the windows in my apartment and all I can see when I look out at our yard are the Robins looking for worms. It immediately inspired me to make this cute little Robins egg baby shoe.






I bought a pair of used girls shoes and went home to make what I envisioned. I started by ripping the bow off and covering the shoe with strips of paper from an old book and Gel Medium. Once that dried I cut a piece of cardboard to fit in the heel of the shoe and covered it with fake moss. I cut a small piece of fence from a Miniatures stash. The eggs are clay that I shaped and baked to harden. Once cooled I painted with a Robin Egg blue paint. Mixed to make the appropriate colour. I glued everything in place with some fabric flowers. The fake grass is from the same bouquet as the fabic flower. It was still missing something so I used some lace and pleated it to the same spot as where the bow was. I used the same ribbon to make a little rosette. I love how it turned out and I hope my friend does too for the baby room.




If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below. I hope you enjoyed!

-CreativelyMixed

No comments:

Post a Comment