Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cherish Time

Hello!

I have been enjoying this beautiful spring weather we have been having here in Canada, and it has been inspiring me to create all sorts of wonderful Mixed Media projects.

Today I am going to share a new addition to my art collection and a new favourite of mine. It is an altered clock from the dollar store! That's right! The Dollar store. I dug out a few pieces from my collection but tried to use mainly the pieces from the clock itself.

I started first by taking the clock apart carefully then reassembling it without the guts. I then found some of my larger recycled gear pieces from my stash and adhered them to the front using some gel medium. After it dried I covered everything in white Gesso. It looked like this at that point.






After the Gesso dried I used some scraps of lace & trim to add some dimension to the sides of the clock. After that dried I again covered it with a layer of Gesso. Once all the layers were dry I added one last layer of acrylic paint. I used Martha Stewarts Black Nickel Metallic Paint and Folk Art Emerald Green Metallic to give it the colour I was looking for. Once that final layer was dry I adhered the arrows from the original clock and painted them the same Emerald Green. I also used a piece of laser cut wood veener I got at Michaels in a 4 pack. I also painted it with the Emerald Green paint. I felt something was still missing so I peeked into one of my many piles and immediately saw this knob from an old CD player and thought it would make the perfect something, something on top. So it got painted with the Green also and adhered with Gel Medium.

This is the final result! I hope you like it as much as I do. It will be a lovely reminder to cherish time as it goes so quickly.





 If you have any questions feel free to leave them or any comments are always appreciated.

-CreativelyMixed

4 comments: