Monday, May 2, 2016

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge 24

Happy May Everybody!

Today I am going to share my first piece done for a Challenge Blog. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. The challenge is for Mixed Media Monthly. The challenge is `Butterflies and Blooms`. Check out the challenge and create your own piece!
http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.ca/2016/05/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-24.html 

I just happen to be loving using flowers and butterflies right now in almost every single project I make so this was a perfect opportunity to create.

I started with a 8x10 Canvas Board and a small 2x2 Canvas. I adhered 
 the mini canvas to the board and embellished it with some old hard, dried paint brushes, flowers, buttons and metal pieces from my stash. I of course used of butterflies and many flowers. Once I was pleased with the look of everything I covered it with White Gesso. After that was dry I painted it pure white with Liquitex White Acrylic Paint. I used a colour I have been really into lately a turquoise blue. It is Adirondack Stream Alcohol Ink.  When I was pleased I attached a small butterfly to the corner of the mini frame and voila!








So go check out the blog Challenge! I hope you enjoyed. Feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

-CreativelyMixed

4 comments:

  1. this is so gorgeous, I would love to be able to create something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And you totally can just keep experimenting! Half my projects are fluke :)

      Delete
  2. What a stunning creation! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! thats one of my favorite techniques... cover it all with gesso and add color! love it! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete