Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Reminder

Hello Fellow Creatives,

Today I am going to share a piece I did a few weeks ago that is sitting proudly in my craft room.

I don't quite know why but I am a little obsessed with butterflies in my art pieces. Something about the detail in the wings has always fascinated me. This piece obviously includes a giant butterfly.

This started out as a simple piece. As I worked on it more and more slowly I began to see what it was I wanted to create. I used a small 2x2 canvas to start. I covered it using some old random letters from different sets that just don't get used (Wish I had more places to use Z and Q. So many wasted letters...) After I covered the letters using some white Gesso. Once that was done and set aside I started rummaging through my stash and grabbed the little glass corked bottle. I knew I wanted to do something with it at this point but wasn't sure quite what just yet. I saw this butterfly in my stash too and thought nahh but it was for some reason calling me to use it. So The bottle became the body. But it still was missing something. So I looked at my inks. Nah. Paints. Nah. Beads. Nah. RIBBON. NAH. Then BAM. A stamped sentiment in the bottle. Like a message in a bottle. But instead of being a secret message it was going to be some for everyone to share in. So I dug out my 'Do one thing everyday that makes you happy' stamp and voila!

I used my Adirondack Ink in STREAM blue and had some fun. I adhered everything to a 5x7 canvas board and found a simple frame to frame it in. I painted the frame with Acrylic Paint by Martha Stewart in Mother of Pearl.




This is the final piece. I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below.

-CreativelyMixed
  

No comments:

Post a Comment