Friday, April 29, 2016

Dream

Good Evening,

I am sharing a quick little frame I created today. I was inspired by the weather outside as its always a great place to find inspiration. Its one of my favourite places to be. The day started as a bright sunny morning then became a bit gray. The as the sunset the clouds moved to the side and it was a beautiful sky. Here is a picture of it just so you can see a little bit of what I mean.


I decided to do a small 4x6 Frame. I stared with a 4x6 canvas board and used a smaller piece of a computer memory for some texture to start. I continued layering with different fabric and paper flowers, metal embellishments, a small frame, and other embellishments. After I was happy with the placement I placed the canvas board in the frame and covered the entire thing (frame and all. The frame was black originally) with a good layer of White Gesso. I played the waiting game again and waited for the Gesso to dry and began painting with some Liquitex White Acrylic Paint, Martha Stewart Mother of Pearl and Craftsmart Tide Pool Acrylic Paint. I blended the colours together to create a softer feel but still was not quite happy with it. I looked through my paint collection and found a FolkArt Metallic Ice Blue Acrylic paint and thought why not. It matched perfect. I finished off with accenting the edges of the embellishments and frame with Martha Stewart Metallic Gold Acrylic Paint. I was loving it at this point. I felt like I was in such a day-dreamy mood for the good part of the day and felt the colours were so soft and dream-like I rummaged through my wood veeners and found the word `Dream`. Perfect. I painted it using the same gold paint and adhered it with Gel Medium and was done.




I am very pleased with how it turned out and I hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below. Thank you again for looking! Have a great night :)

-CreativelyMixed


No comments:

Post a Comment