Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Kaila

Hello Creatives,

Today I am going to share a small piece I created for my good friend Kaila. This is one of my favourite pictures of her as it is an unplanned photo. My favourite always. Anyways she does not yet know that I have made this for her and I really do hope she likes it.

This is the final piece. I have it in a simple black frame as it is busy enough.


I started with a 5x7 Canvas board. I adhered many layers of lace, letters and embellishments. Then I added the letters which actually spell out her name. I continued to add some other metal embellishments from my stash along with some paper flowers. Once i was happy with the placement around the photo I adhered them all to the canvas board with Gel Medium and waited for it to dry. Once dry I covered all the embellishments with white Gesso. Again once that was dry I used  some acrylic paint by Martha Stewart in Black Nickel Metallic, Mother of Pearl and CraftSmart Tide Pool acrylic paint.



I am pleased with the final product as I hope she is. Please feel free to leave any questions or comments below. Thanks for looking!

-CreativelyMixed

No comments:

Post a Comment