Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Oh Joy!

The Joy of Creating Art!

Hello Lovely Creatives,

I am again sharing a piece I created a week or so ago. I have been into this turquoise blue colour for some reason this spring and I am not complaining. I just love the calmness that the colour makes me feel. You always need to create what you feel. It creates the most interesting artwork!

This is again a 5x7 frame. I have a few old paint brushes that I neglected a little to long after use (we are all guilty of this sometimes. Am I right?) so I decided instead of throwing them out I would repurpose them into something awesome!

I have seen a few ideas online of altered paintbrushes and I really like the idea. The frame stayed the way it was when I got it from Goodwill only I painted it with Martha Stewart Metallic Gold acrylic paint. I covered the glass with scrap pieces paper from an old book. I adhered it to the glass with Gel Medium and it gave it a neat texture and I really like it. Its simple. Next it was time to have fun with the paint brush itself.

I used some Gel Medium to adhere some scrap pieces of ribbon, lace and trim from my stash. I also used some paper flowers I got from the discount bin at Michaels (15 cents for 9 flowers) and some of my other stashed flowers from random bouquets. After I was happy with the basic layout I covered the entire thing with white Gesso and used Adirondack Ink and Martha Stewart Metallic Gold acrylic paint to add some colour. Once again when I was pleased with the look I attached the paintbrush to the frame using Gel Medium and a few dabs of hot glue. Once everything was dry it was time to add the final touches. I added a few final metal embellishments, buttons and flowers, along with the butterfly cut out with my Cricut Create. I used a piece of laser cut wood veener that I purchased in a pack from Michaels as well that said 'Joy'. I coloured it using the alcohol ink too. It was also adhered using Gel Medium and a few dabs of hot glue.

I hope you enjoy the piece. It currently makes me very happy and inspired every time I look at it. Please leave any questions or comments below. They are always appreciated :)






-CreativelyMixed

No comments:

Post a Comment