Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hello, Hello!

Hello Hello!

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather. And all my fellow Canadians had a great long weekend. It was gorgeous!

Enough about the small talk. I wanted to share another altered clock I did a little while ago. I love the bright, playful colours of the blue and green together. It also is another Dollar Store clock I picked up.



As usual I ripped it all apart (truthfully I wanted the interior pieces for another project). After that I cut a piece of cardboard in the same approximate size as the clock face. Since I took all the guts out I needed something to act as a flat background base for me. I adhered it using some Gel Medium and a couple of dabs of hot glue. I then proceeded to cover the entire thing in White Gesso. I then had fun with placing different fabric, paper and foam flowers on and inside the clock. Once I was happy I again adhered them all using Gel Medium and a few dabs of hot glue. I dug out some fun metal embellishments from my stash and found them a new home in the clock. Any of the 'open space' that didn't have an embellishment got some Gel Medium and Micro Beads. I just wanted something to fill in the open spaces. I used a thin lace ribbon around the entire edge of the clock exterior as well. And you guessed it. Another layer of White Gesso. After that layer dried it was time to have fun again with some Adirondack Alcohol Inks. I used the colours Lime Green Colour, Sunshine Yellow, Stream and Light Blue. I had a lot of fun as I always do blending the different colours together. I was very happy with the way it turned out as it was just a 'What the hell' kinda piece. I hope you enjoy!




Thanks for looking. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below. They are always appreciated. :)

-creatively.mixed

No comments:

Post a Comment