Thursday, May 12, 2016

Punk Love

Hello All!!

Sorry that it has been a few days since my last post but real life has been very busy around here. I hope everyone had a wonderful National Scrapbook Day last Saturday!

I have returned though with a new project that I had a lot of fun making. It is another altered shoe but this time its one of my old college high heels. I felt like pulling the nostalgia out so I did them with a flare of 'Punk Love'.

When I was in high school I was the weird girl with short multi coloured hair, with spikes sticking out of all parts of by clothing and body. I had ripped clothes and dark eyeliner. I was a punk by all means. And I loved it.

I am also entering this shoe into the More Mixed Media Challenge for the month of May. The theme is 'Pink'. I started out by adhering all sorts of metal and plastic embellishments to the shoe. I also used some wood veeners for the lettering along with lots of buttons to cover the heel of the shoe. Once it was all placed I used white Gesso to covered the parts I wanted to be Pink. I then used Adirondack Alcohol Ink to colour it pink and sprayed Rubbing Alcohol to spread the colours a little more. I know some turned out looking a little more purpleish then I wanted but I just went with it.







Like I said before I am entering this as a piece in the More Mixed Media Challenge. Go check out the challenge and the other great inspiration pieces.

http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.ca/2016/05/more-mixed-media-challenge-pink.html


I had a lot of fun doing this shoe and honestly I think I am going to do the other one to the pair shortly. Just haven't decided what them to do it in. I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to leave any questions or comments below. They are always appreciated! :)

-CreativelyMixed

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project!
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenge blog and good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maryvonne! Its only my second challenge :) Will be playing along monthly for sure! Fingers crossed

      Delete